YOU DESERVE A CAREER YOU’LL LOVE
If you are considering a rewarding career where you are a deeply valued member of the community that you serve, then the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science (PIMS) can help you “Cross the Bridge” to a gratifying career in Funeral Service. Please read below to learn how to get started.
Submission of an application does NOT guarantee acceptance. The acceptance process is multi-tiered with each step below required to be considered for enrollment; you will receive an acceptance letter if your application is approved by the Admission Committee. It is the policy of the Institute to admit students that are the best qualified to meet state licensure requirements and those that will be able assume the professional responsibilities of a licensed embalmer and funeral director.
How to Apply:
First, register as an applicant and login to access our online application form. There is a $50 application fee payable by credit card within the online application.
Submit the following one-at-a-time or all together:
- The Admission Health Screening Form & Acknowledgement– All information MUST be on the medical form. No supplemental medical documentation of immunizations will be accepted
- A professional headshot photo for state ID purposes (TIP: No need to pay for a photo but must be professional and no copies of IDs will be accepted)
- Copy of healthcare insurance card
- Official transcripts sent directly to PIMS from the institution or an approved electronic transcript service; if sent by the applicant they are no longer official, which include:
- High school or a high school equivalency. If a final high school GPA is 2.3 or less, 12 liberal arts or general education college credits with a cumulative GPA of 2.3 or higher is required. All applicants must submit proof of high school (or equivalent) regardless of the level of postsecondary schooling earned
- All colleges attended
A short answer questionnaire will be emailed to the applicate once an application is submitted, this questionnaire must be returned to email@example.com
If seeking a license in Pennsylvania – you may be required to submit a Certificate of Preliminary Education if you have at least 60 credits prior to starting PIMS:
What happens after you apply?
Once your application and supporting materials are submitted, your application is sent to the Admission Committee for review
A decision from the Admission Committee will be emailed to the address provided on your application
If accepted, you will gain access to a Virtual Orientation Course where all enrollment documents will be provided
If you push your start date back, the next start date is not guaranteed and applications are kept for one calendar year
If denied, an applicant can reapply in one year or obtain additional college credits with 2.0 or greater and reapply at that time
Veteran Benefit questions can be directed to Mrs. Elachko, VA Certifying Official and Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students with disabilities can view the schools policy for assistance here.
PIMS requires, upon enrollment and prior to matriculation, a signed enrollment contract and arbitration agreement. If you would like a copy of these documents please contact Mrs. Sproull, Enrollment Coordinator at email@example.com. The arbitration agreement does not in any way affect a student’s right to file a BDR claim and the claim does not need to be arbitrated prior to filing.