Thank You For Your Service
We thank you and are forever indebted to you for your sacrifice for our country. Providing veterans benefits is just one of the ways we can show our gratitude.
APPLYING FOR BENEFITS:
If utilizing Veterans Benefits, please contact Mrs. Maria Sproull the full-time Certifying Official at PIMS for the PIMS Vet Packet and Certification Form.
- All VA eligible students can start into their courses while waiting for benefits to process.
- Some initial fees can be covered by VA benefits, please contact Mrs. Sproull for more information (contact information below).
- Veterans are encouraged to complete the FAFSA to see if they qualify for a Pell Grant or if needed federal loans.PIMS promotes smart borrowing through financial literacy education, compliance with the Entrance Counseling requirements plus the FA Office is available for one-on-one financial and loan counseling. Students can also set an appointment for assistance with budgeting and loan repayment. All students are highly encouraged to consult with the PIMS Financial Aid Office prior to arranging or signing-up for private student loans. Let PIMS help you make the best financial choice possible for your future.
- PIMS does participate in the Yellow Ribbon program.
FINANCIAL AID AND TIMELINES:
Please allow for two weeks to process each FAFSA. FAFSA’s will be processed on a first come first serve basis. The student must be accepted to the program and an enrollment contract must be on file for an award to be sent. There are no PIMS’ deadlines for the FAFSA application except the FAFSA must be received and loans requested by the FA Office prior to the end of the term for which it would be utilized. Students are not responsible for tuition and fees while the FAFSA is being processed with the exception of the tuition deposit, matriculation fee, equipment, and textbooks.
VA PAYMENT POLICY:
In compliance with 38 USC 3679€, it is the policy that any covered individual, who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or chapter 33, post 9/11, is permitted to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 (a “certificate of eligibility” can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website e-Benefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form of chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending on the earlier of the following dates:
- The date of which payment from VA is made to the Institution
- 90 days after the date the Institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility
There will be NO penalty, late fee, or denial of access to classes or the facility for any covered individual if his or her financial obligations to the Institute are delayed from the VA under chapter 31 or 33.
PIMS YELLOW RIBBON PROGRAM GRANT:
As a participating school in the VA Yellow Ribbon Program, the Institute has adopted a policy to assist campus-based students who are veterans that qualify to receive grant money based on the following criteria:
- Student MUST be a veteran that is eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program (see https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/post-9-11/yellow-ribbon-program/ for eligibility requirements)
- Student MUST be campus based. This grant is not eligible for online students
- Student MUST have decided to enroll in the STANDARD pace program on campus. This grant is not eligible for veterans who are student enrolled in the accelerated program.
- Student MUST maintain scheduled pace and progression to qualify for this grant, which means that any student who disenrolls or retakes classes does not qualify.
- Student who meets all other qualifications are ONLY ELIGIBLE FOR THIS GRANT during Term 1B of the Standard program. Consistent with the Institute contract with the VA Yellow Ribbon Program, this grant is designed to assist with lost housing allowances due to a credit deficit during Term 1B.
- The maximum amount that may be awarded to a veteran who is a qualified student will be $1000.00
PIMS is proud to honor those who have faithfully served our country, and consistent with our contract with the VA Yellow Ribbon Program, we support the pursuit of a funeral service education for those veterans who qualify.