If utilizing Veterans Benefits, please contact Mrs. Nicole Elachko the full-time Certifying Official at PIMS for the PIMS Vet Packet and Certification Form.
- Application for benefits must be made with the appropriate VA office and proof of eligibility is required to be certified for the benefits by PIMS.
- All VA eligible students can start into their courses while waiting for benefits to process.
- Some initial fees can be covered by VA benefits, please contact Mrs. Elachko for more information (contact information below).
- Veterans are encouraged to complete the FAFSA to see if they qualify for a Pell Grant or if needed federal loans.PIMS promotes smart borrowing through financial literacy education, compliance with the Entrance Counseling requirements plus the FA Office is available for one-on-one financial and loan counseling. Students can also set an appointment for assistance with budgeting and loan repayment.All students are highly encouraged to consult with the PIMS Financial Aid Office prior to arranging or signing-up for private student loans. Let PIMS help you make the best financial choice possible for your future.
- PIMS does participate in the Yellow Ribbon program.
Financial Aid Timelines & Deadlines
Please allow for two weeks to process each FAFSA. FAFSA’s will be processed on a first come first serve basis. The student must be accepted to the program and an enrollment contract must be on file for an award to be sent. There are no PIMS’ deadlines for the FAFSA application except the FAFSA must be received and loans requested by the FA Office prior to the end of the term for which it would be utilized. Students are not responsible for tuition and fees while the FAFSA is being processed with the exception of the tuition deposit, matriculation fee, equipment, and textbooks.
VA Payment Policy
In compliance with 38 USC 3679€, it is the policy that any covered individual, who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or chapter 33, Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits, is permitted to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 (a “certificate of eligibility” can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website e-Benefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form of chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending on the earlier of the following dates:
- The date of which payment from VA is made to the Institution
- 90 days after the date the Institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility
There will be NO penalty, late fee, or denial of access to classes or the facility for any covered individual if his or her financial obligations to the Institute are delayed from the VA under chapter 31 or 33.
VA Certifying Official Contact Info:
Mrs. Elachko, email@example.com
Phone: 412-362-8500 x113
Hours: 7:30am – 3:30pm weekdays