Full consideration will be given to student complaints concerning any aspect of programs and all services offered by PIMS. Prior to entering a formal complaint, students are encouraged to speak openly to members of the school faculty and administration to resolve the issue. Any student wishing to submit a formal complaint is encouraged to contact Dean Burns at mburns@pims.edu or at 412-362-8500 x119. A complete grievance policy is available upon request by contacting the Dean’s Office or another member of Administration. The Dean will take the necessary steps to ensure that any agreed upon solution or other appropriate action is taken.

Unresolved Complaints

If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting the institution’s grievance procedure, the applicant or student may file a complaint with the State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Pennsylvania Department of Education, 333 Market Street, 12th Floor, Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333, Phone: 717-783-6788. The f, State Board of Private Licensed Schools Complaint Form and more information on the process can be found here.

Schools accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education also has a procedure for complaints. Complaints related to violations of the Standards of Accreditation may be brought to the attention of the Executive Director of the American Board. The process and required form can be found here.

Student complaints relating to consumer protection laws may be brought to the attention of State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) which authorizes PIMS to offer distance education in 49 states. If an online student in one of these 49 states, does not include California and Washington D.C., has an unresolved issue related to consumer protection laws the procedure to file a complaint can be found here.

  • California students would follow the procedures of the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, found here.
  • Washington D.C. students would follow the procedures of the Education Licensure Commission, found here.

If you believe an improper accounting error occurred on your student loan involving a collection agency or loan service center, or if you disagree with your loan servicer about the balance or status of your student loan, please contact the FSA Ombudsman’s Office at 1-877-557-2575 (TDD – 1-800-848-0983) or https://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/disputes/prepare/contact-ombudsman.