Applying for Financial Aid
To determine if you are eligible for a grants and federal student loans, all you need to do is complete the FAFSA with the PIMS school code 01081400. For Pennsylvania residents, the FAFSA will also serve as your PHEAA state grant application.
What happens next:
- If you are a prospective student or an applicant, contact the PIMS’ FA Office for an estimated financial aid offer.
- If you are an accepted student, once we have received your enrollment contract on file, your FAFSA will be processed to determine eligibility for grants, institutional aid, and federal loans. An Offer Letter will be emailed and the funds must be approved by you before distributed to your student account.
- All grants, institutional aid, student loans, and the majority of scholarship pay directly to PIMS, which are posted to the student’s account on or after the first day of school.
- If you are planning to use loans, you will be asked to complete the Undergraduate Loan Counseling and Loan Application (MPN)
- Search for scholarships! Check out the scholarship resources we provided under the scholarship tab, do you own search for scholarships and create a profile on Fastweb.com to be notified of new scholarships. Every little bit helps!
- As a student monitor your SONIS Student Portal ledger and your email account regularly. The majority of communications from our FA Office will be emailed to the email address we have on file and the SONIS Student Portal allows for real-time updates with all of your school financials.
- There are no financial aid deadlines for PIMS, PHEAA State Grant deadline is May 1st.