Seven Steps to Apply and Manage Your Financial Aid:
- Apply for the FSA ID. The FSA ID allows you to electronically sign your FAFSA. It will be used each year, so make sure to keep this in a safe place and do not share this information with anyone. Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/lLi0q7hkFns
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA information is used to determine eligibility for financial aid, loans and grants. In addition to the FAFSA, the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note are required which can be found at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action. For Pennsylvania residents, the FAFSA will also serve as your PA state grant application.
Video tutorial for the FAFSA: https://youtu.be/LK0bbu0y5AM
- Search for Scholarships. Check out the scholarship resources we provided under the scholarship tab, do you own search for scholarships and create a profile on Fastweb.com to be notified of new scholarships. Every little bit helps! Be sure to avoid scholarship scams.
- Review your Student Aid Report. Read your Student Aid Report for accuracy and to see if you have been selected for a process called verification. If you are selected for verification additional forms will be required before your financial aid can be finalized. These forms and any additional requirements will be sent to you via email by the PIMS Financial Aid Office.
- Notify PIMS about any other aid. If you have earned a scholarship or are receiving other funding not listed on your Student Aid Report, please inform the PIMS Financial Aid Office. This would include VA Benefits.
- Review Your Award. An award letter will be sent via email once the student is accepted, enrollment contract is received by PIMS and all financial aid paperwork and applications are submitted. The Award Letter will advise you of the amount of financial aid you are being offered for the upcoming school year. Compare your award with the cost of the term(s) or trimester and contact the FA Office if you have any questions! Appointments with the FA Advisor to review at least the initial award are encouraged and can be done in person or over the phone.
- Monitor your SONIS Student Portal ledger and your email account regularly. The majority of communications from our FA Office will be emailed to the email address we have on file and the SONIS Student Portal allows for real-time updates with all of your school financials.